Oddities&Endities

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I believe everything a survey tells me...


Women claim cash is not important
By Sally Pook
(Filed: 23/05/2006)

Women don't want millionaires. They don't want high-earners. In fact they don't even want a man with a salary.
A survey published yesterday said women claim money is unimportant when choosing a partner.
Someone here, as Alan Clark once said, is being economical with the actualité.
A staggering 83 per cent of women questioned by First Direct said they would be happy to go out with a man who earned much less than them or was unemployed.
On the dating tick-list, did not a job always come under the "essentials" section, along with a sense of humour and original hair and teeth?
Kath Parrington, of First Direct, said: "This is a reflection of the fact that women are taking more control of their own finances and are more independent."
The survey found that 93 per cent of women would not turn a man down just because he was not a high earner. Only three per cent said they would consider breaking up with someone who did not earn enough.
Daily Telegraph

3 Comments:

Blogger Bob said...

Fascinating but it doesn't match my personal experience. When I had my companies and was doing well I had to beat women off with a broomstick. Before that I had no problem finding a date despite being married but was not aggressively pursued as I would be when successful. I could go into a psycho analysis of women but don't have room here. It would be fun and stir up a beehive of opinion. Hmmm..Nah, not this time

5:44 PM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Hey! Very Nice! Check out this website I found where you can make extra cash.
It's not available everywhere, so go to the site and put
in your zipcode to see if you can find something. I found something and make
and extra $900 a month!

http://www.degree-programs-online.info/extramoney.htm

6:42 PM  
Blogger ByronB said...

Yeah, I suspect that the surveyees went into "questionnaire mode" when they gave their answers - that parallel universe where you can say and believe what you like!
Anyone who wanders around with a clipboard in their hand pestering people with silly questions deserves all they get, I reckon.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home